Basic Life Support CPR & AED Training (BLS)
The BLS Course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. In the Iinstructor-led course, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- High-quality CPR for adult
- s, children, and infants
Directions: Crown College 8700 College View Dr. St. Bonifacius, MN 55375 is located 1 mile south of Hwy 7 off of Co. Rd 92. When turning onto College View Dr. at the Crown College sign, follow the road into the main building taking the second possible right into the main parking lot. Enter the main building under the overhang drop off area. Let the receptionist know you are here for an EMTI class. They will direct you to room W 243 (there should also be signs guiding you along the way).