The BLS Instructor Essentials Course is taught in a blended learning format. AHA BLS Instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by BLS Training Center Faculty.
5 step process to becoming a BLS instructor:
- Be accepted by an AHA Training Center offering their discipline before enrolling in an Instructor Essentials Course and have a completed Instructor Candidate Application on file with the accepting Training Center
- Have a current AHA Provider course completion card in the discipline they wish to teach and be proficient in all skills specific to that discipline
- Successfully complete the Instructor Essentials Course, including both the online portion and classroom/hands-on session
- Successfully be monitored teaching within 6 months of completing the hands-on session of the Instructor Essentials Course (Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring, if needed)
- Also, all AHA Instructors must register and be confirmed on the AHA Instructor Network to receive their AHA Instructor ID #, which must be used to issue course completion cards.
Following the link below will take to the sign up page for the online portion of the BLS instructor class. This will be a separate charge of $30 paid directly to AHA. (Yes, you can sign up for the hands on portion while you are here. But, you must complete the online portion before coming to the hands on portion of the class.)
Hands-On Session (this is what you are signing up for here)
AHA BLS Instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by BLS Training Center Faculty. Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current BLS Provider course completion card. Candidates who successfully complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Course, followed by course monitoring, will receive a BLS Instructor card, valid for two years. BLS Instructors are then able to teach the BLS Provider course and any course within the Heartsaver portfolio.
Prior approval must be obtained before signing up for this class.
Monday, November 18th 10am to 4pm
Crown College room W243
Contact Brandy Graef for more information